[bookshare-discuss] Re: Newbie Questions / file formats

  • From: "shannon work" <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 06:28:13 -0500

Hello guys,
I am jumping in on this conversation but I read one message that mentions
Say Pad. While this is a fair product and the price is indeed right. There
is another program that has more features and is not soooo expensive. It is
Called Text Aloud. This program has loads of featurs like the ability to
make MP3 files in the different bit rates and thus allowing you to make them
smaller, and it has a tool that will break a large book into small tracks
that you could to find the different chapters, sections, what ever you
tellit to brake the file on. I know this may sond a little convoluted but I
am not all that good with computer speak. you should read about this one, I
don't have the link but I believe that it is made by next up.
I just thought I would through another tid bit out there.

I looked at both for the exact reason we are discussing. I love to read but
some times I don't want to be handcuffed to my computer.
Shannon