[bookshare-discuss] Re: Classic mysteries

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 01:03:19 -0700 (PDT)

Tony,

I'm curious about two of the comments in your post.
What do you mean by "it's [your mailing list] is open
to all unlike the official volunteer list for
bookshare." My understanding is that the official
volunteer list is open to anyone who wants to be a
volunteer. To whom is it closed?

Also, why do you assume that "many sighted
people wouldn't want to join the volunteer list and
wouldn't really belong anyway." I don't know ow many
bookshare volunteers are sighted; I get the feeling
not many, and it would certainly be nice to have more.
And I don't know how many PG volunteers are sighted,
but I suspect a lot, if not most. I don't know where
you plan to send your press releases, but maybe they
would bring in sighted volunteers to scan and
validate.

Just curious.

Cindy