[bookport] Re: creating folders

  • From: "Yerba Bruja" <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:38:36 -0500

You can create folders in bookport via my computer or windows explorer. Once you connect the bookport to your computer, your computer will identify the device as mass u.s.b. storage device drive e f etc. depending on the amount of drives you have on your machine. So once you identify which of your drives is the bookport, what you have to do is:

1.  Open it via my computer or windows explorer,
2.  Press the menu bar, and click on new.
3.  Press enter on folder.
4. If you're using windows XP, that system will by default attach the words "new folder" to the name of the folder you're creating. Just backspace over it and write the name that you want to give the folder.

That's it. To create another folder press the menu bar and follow the steps described above.

Just so you know, while the bookport transfer protocol will be required to transfer your brf formatted books, word formatted documents, rich text files and plain text files, that is not the case with music or any audible books you have converted to mp3. In that case all you have to do is grab the files you want through my computer or windows explorer, and paste them onto the desired folder. Or, you can take the entire folder of music or those mp3 chapters and paste them onto the bookport. The files will be saved onto the flash card that you currently have in the device.

Marta
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna Ross" <dross@xxxxxxxxxx>