[bookport] Re: Returning the Bookports' back to the library tomorrow will be sad. GRIN.

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 11:03:42 -0500

The MP3 files will work with this Bookport already. The new digital format NLS is using will work with the new Bookport. This is what Larry said on Main Menu... just not when it is released. He made a comment that BP2's firmware would probably be updated to work with the NLS files before that format would be released to the blind community. No need for panic here. I would like to be able to load the Overdrive files on the Bookport, also. It seems with all I have to read on the BP, I never can finish the Overdrive books in time.

At 10:21 AM 5/24/2007, lana wrote:
Sounds like a good enough idea to me.  A lot of states don't have access to
overdrive audio, and why couldn't regular talkingbooks be put onto mp3 files
and downloaded to readers.  Yes, I know that something like that is in the
wind, but a long time from now, and we still don't know for sure it will
work with the new bookport.
I'm probably wrong about this; since it seems so out of date; so tell me
where I've gone wrong.