[bookport] Re: Converting Overdrive books to MP3.

  • From: "Robert Clark" <rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:57:26 -0700

My apologies, I was somewhat wrong but somewhat right. Pick one. LOL Its been quite some time since I last converted an Overdrive book, and this was before I got the BP so memory was rusty. WMP will convert and transfer the files to a cd and the resulting format is .cda not .mp3. I dont remember if I tried to further convert the files to .mp3 but at that time, didnt have an mp3 player anyway. Follows are instructions to convert... Should work in WMP 11 as well.

How to Burn an Audio Book to CD using Windows Media Player 10.

In OverDrive Media Console, select a book and press Ctrl+T. Windows Media Player opens.

Turn off skin mode, if necessary, by pressing Ctrl+1. You may stop playback at this point by pressing Ctrl+S.

Press Alt+V followed by G, then L to access the Media Library.

Place a blank CDR in your CD-ROM drive.

Press Alt+B.  The burning process will begin.

When burning is complete, the discs will be automatically ejected. You will be prompted to insert additional discs as necessary.

How to Transfer an Audio Book to a Portable Device using Windows Media Player 10

In OverDrive Media Console, select a book and press Ctrl+T. Windows Media Player opens.

Turn off skin mode, if necessary, by pressing Ctrl+1. You may stop playback at this point by pressing Ctrl+S.

Press Alt+V followed by G, then L to access the Media Library.

Ensure that your portable device is connected to your computer.

Press Alt+Y.  The transfer process will begin.

Adam and Eve were the first people on earth............Did they have belly buttons?
Robert & Dreamer Doll (Guide Dawggie)
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup
rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx