[bookport] Any new hardware revision plans?

  • From: "Michael Massey" <micmey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 06:11:19 -0600

Hi all.  Well, let's see now.  Where do I start?  I myself would like to see
an a/c adaptor feature added to the book port if it would not add to the
complexity or size of the unit.  However, if the good folks at APH find it
technically or practically impossible to add the feature then so be it.  My
second set of batteries have lasted much longer than the set included with
the book port because I learned from Pamela Rader that directly opening a
file for transfer to the book port drains the batteries more quickly so I
have not done that anymore.

I myself do not care one way or the other whether a radio is added or not.
I seldom carry a Walkman type player around with a radio built in or a radio
for that matter.  Of course, there have been a few times when I wanted a
radio to listen to a program while traveling and didn't have one.

I haven't used enough of the access technology to master use of the Braille
keyboard on the book port so I am a bit lost when I hear references to chord
commands and such like.

I hope my nickel's worth of suggestions will be considered, smile.

Mike