[bookport] Re: Any new hardware revision plans?

  • From: "Joni Colver" <july77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:03:22 -0500

Robert I love the way you think!  I see you share my fondness for meetings.

As long as we are all lined up to see Santa, what I would like is a way to
correct words that are mispronounced.  I guess I am spoiled by the
pronunciation dictionaries with screen readers.  After listening to doctors
mangle the English language all day, it gives me a thrill to correct the way
my screen reader pronounces something.

I have been extremely pleased with my Book Port and feel it was worth every
cent I spent to buy it a few months ago.  I like the Braille keyboard, the
go to page feature, having to hold down the E key for a beep to start
recording a memo and the shortened message about the percentage of a book
you have read when pressing 8.  These have all been terrific improvements in
an already great device which I only purchased in May!

Joni

Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 5:27 PM
Subject: [bookport] Re: Any new hardware revision plans?

Hi,

I want an invisible Book Port that will allow me to keep reading my
favorite novel while attending a boring meeting.

Robert Carter