[bookport] Re: Accessory Suggestion

  • From: Steve Cutway <cutways@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:06:37 -0400

Hi Jerry and list:

The case that comes with the Book Courier is made by Targus and is
commercially available. I have often wondered why APH also doesn't make
this case available as the Book Port and Book Courier are physically
identical in terms of dimensions as they're both fabricated using the same
shell. The Targus case doesn't meet Marlaina's specs but it at least
affords some protection.

That said, I like Marlaina's suggestions and her track record is proven for
anyone who saw the original Braille Note case as I did and the one that
ships with current units which is a vast improvement.

One poster has indicated how much he'd be willing to pay for a case like
that which Marlaina proposes - $75. What do others think? Also, can anyone
in North America provide a price on the TDK combo that Tim and others
mentioned as that may serve as a bench mark. However, if APH were to
develop casees like Marlaina describes (there were two), I'd buy one of
each, as someone else said, "in a heartbeat".

Cheers,

Steve