[bookport] Re: Accessory Suggestion

  • From: "Marlaina Lieberg" <marlaina@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:55:37 -0700

Rick, I agree.  The cell phone pouch would totally change the case.  All I'm
asking for here is some thought on 2 cases, one that fits the little dear
like a glove and is made of the stuff that skin diving suits are made
of--it's sort of stretchy but padded, and you'd have to take it out of the
case to use the BookPort.  the other is the idea of the case made to fit the
BookPort so it rested snugly on one side, with a small speaker on the other
and 1 or 2 square hook and loop closure pockets for cf cards.  This would
open like a book with the speaker on the left and BookPort on the right; the
cf pockets would be under the small speaker.  There would be a short pigtail
going from the speaker to where the BookPort would rest.  The speaker could
be affixed with hook and loop closures so that when it was battery changing
time, one could remove it quickly and easily.  The BookPort's current belt
holder could be used to firmly affix the BookPort to the right side of case,
so it would not fall out while walking around with it open.  The whole thing
closes up and has a zipper that runs 'round the perimeter.  On the front
edge is a handle and on the top edge is a handle.  No shoulder straps no
cell phones, just a way to have audio into the room when that's appropriate,
but still be able to quickly remove the BookPort when you wanted personal
audio.  I am into cases, and pretty much redisigned the original BrailleNote
case to what it is now while working for the BrailleNote folks.

I think I am really ofrf the wall now with the idea, but maybe sombody at
APH can make it all make sense and let us know if it's even ghostly
possible.

Marlaina Lieberg