[bookport] Re: 4 GB card and BP performance

  • From: "Eric SS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 05:42:55 -0400

I have to admit, I am not a heavy user of my BP.  But, I have a 4GB card and
had not noticed any real problem.  Until recently...

I just subscribed to Book Share recently.  So, I have been putting maybe six
books at a time on the BP.  I basically have nothing else on it, so there is
hardly anything when considering it is on a 4GB card.  At first I thought
this problem was because I had the books in the root directory, but then I
created a Books folder and the problem persists.

I stop reading for a time, maybe hours or maybe just minutes, and when I
press read again, nothing happens.  If I press and hold a key, I can get
about a half a beep.  I have tried pressing the four corners, not minding if
it reformats at this point, and nothing happens.  I have taken out the
battery and put it back and no fix.  I try more keystrokes and then pop the
battery again and when I replace it I get the message the BP was restored to
defaults, etc.  However, the time is correct and I am left at the spot where
I last was reading.

It only seems to cause a brief moment of panic and then frustration, and
finally wonder that everything is back to normal.  Maybe I should try
reformatting the card in the computer?  Any ideas will be appreciated.