[bookport] Re: 4 GB card and BP performance

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:08:07 -0500

Alex, are you sure you have the latest firmware update? In order to make your card work correctly in the Bookport, you might have to transfer your files back to the computer using a card reader and do a card reformat on the BP. But then it should work correctly.

At 10:03 PM 9/4/2007 -0400, you wrote:
It slows things down, and never have too many files in one folder. This is bad in general, but it is magnified with a 4gb card. All that is true, however, if you can get your BP to work in the first place. With seemingly no rhyme or reason, the BP will start or not start with the card inserted. I guess it all boils down to how you treat it; if you make it mad, it has its own way of getting you back (then again, what computer doesn't?)

Have a great day,
Alex