[bookcourier] Re: Was re: test - general use of Bookcourier

  • From: M Kilburn <mkilburn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:28:53 -0300

I have used synthetic speech for some time now as well. I've heard much
of what is out there including the AT&T natural voices and Neospeech
which comes with K1000. I think it's a matter of adapting one's
listening ear to the voice which delivers the words in the most
comprehensible while doing so without being overly distracting by virtue
of the mechanicalness of the speech. I find if I want to read something
rapidly or speed up some section of reading, the staccato nature of the
synthetic voices versus the natural speech engines, is superior as words
are pronounced more concesely. So hey, robot speech is not so bad for
some reading for me.

Mike