[blindwoodworker] Re: Removing Bark

  • From: "Bob Kennedy" <intheshop@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindwoodworker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 09:29:29 -0500

Well, one idea is that pine isn't such a good wood for burning.  It can clog up
the chimney.  And black  walnut is a sin to burn so you should probably send it
to me. hahaha

If the wood is real dry, you can peal it off by hand.  Otherwise start at the
end and drive a chisel in to get it started.  Drive it lengthwise just like the
grain and you should be able to get a nice roll started.

Just a thought, but if it's for burning, you don't have to get rid of the bark.
 If the bark is dry, it will catch and help the rest of the wood get going.
Maybe you are building a canoe and need the bark. hahaha