[blindeudora] Re: gmail settings for latest v Eudora?

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 03:41:06 -0400

The settings for popand smtp access with Eudora are the same as with any other pop mail client.

Take down the name of the mail servers and what you need to enter for your user name and password and take note of any possible special port settings required and you should be good to go. anyone not using one of the big mail clients needs to work with just having the general settings.

One thing to do with your gmail account is to enable pop access in the first place. You need to log into the web interface for your account and set it up there. It's been years, though, since I did that and thus don't remember exactly what you have to do where.

hth

Doris

At 12:35 AM 5/23/2010 -0700, you wrote:
Hi anyone here have any idea what settings Eudora needs to work with gmail?
I'm with Verizon fios.
I've noticed that most places don't list settings for Eudora. I'm using 7. ...
I've been using Eudora since about version 3.
A friend sent me an invite, but I wanted some suggestions before wasting time there.

I have xp pro and jaws 8 through 11 here. I'm mostly using jaws 10 if any of that matters.
Chris

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora