[blindeudora] Re: error 10060 timeout

  • From: David Andrews <dandrews@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 16:19:02 -0500

Lennie:

Some internet service providers have different authentication or other settings for themselves when you are retrieving your mail from a remote location. So, check with your ISP, you may have to set things differently when you are away from home.

Dave

At 11:43 AM 5/18/2010, you wrote:
Hi,

I am using my laptop away from home. When I tried to get my email, I get the dreaded 10060 timeout error message.

I increased the timeout in option advanced network to the maximum. That did not work att all. I know that my other settings are correct when I get my email from my service provider at home.

I am currently staying with my daughter who uses comcast. net as her service provider. I don't know if this is the problem?

Any ideas or other suggestions will greatly be appreciated. It is too ttedious to read my email from my own service provider web page. Thanks.

Lennie

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5125 (20100518) __________

http://www.eset.com