[blindeudora] Re: error 10060 timeout

  • From: Lennie <lennie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 19:15:10 -0400

Hi All,

The problem is solved! I contacted my service provider and they provided me with Incoming mail server(POP3): Outgoing mail server(SMTP): address. I had to use the new address since I was trying to get my email through my daughter's service provider which is different from mine. All is well that ends well. Thanks for all the suggestions. At least when I return home, I won't have to face a huge piles of email.

Lennie
At 02:14 PM 5/20/2010, you wrote:
Are there any other error messages like 503 or 550?
To check go to tools menu, task errors..
A lot of cable clients don't allow relaying and that would time you out with that error of 550.

At 12:43 PM 5/18/2010, you wrote:
Hi,

I am using my laptop away from home. When I tried to get my email, I get the dreaded 10060 timeout error message.

I increased the timeout in option advanced network to the maximum. That did not work att all. I know that my other settings are correct when I get my email from my service provider at home.

I am currently staying with my daughter who uses comcast. net as her service provider. I don't know if this is the problem?

Any ideas or other suggestions will greatly be appreciated. It is too ttedious to read my email from my own service provider web page. Thanks.

Lennie

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Tim
Blindeudora list owner.