[blazie-support] Re: more on millenium vs brl lite

  • From: "David Chittenden" <davidc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 09:29:43 -0700

Hi,

I bought a blm40 upgrade last year.  The keys were several times louder than
those of my braille lite 40.  It was very distracting and frustrating in
meetings, so I returned the blm40 and kept the original.  I know 5 people
who have purchased the blm (either 20 or 40) who have all experienced the
same problem.  I suspect the problem is that FS is no longer putting the
fiber paper which covers the circuit board in the blms.  This fiber paper
acts as a noice cancelling buffer for the older braille lite and bns.  The
blm has a translucent cover over the top so a person can see the circuit.
This looks nice from what I was told.

David