[blazie-support] more on millenium vs brl lite

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "notetaker list" <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:09:48 -0400

Hi Penny and Steve --
Hmm, that's interesting -- I've brought my Millenium with me to church for
the past 2 or 3 weeks and haven't noticed it being overly noisy -- or noisy
at all -- I'll have to do a sie by side comparison tonight.  (You'd think I
would have done that already...)
I am hard of hearing and wear 2 hearing aids, so that may be why I haven't
noticed the noise.  I'll try it and ask my family what they think.  No one
has complained.  (In fact, I'm disappointed no one has even commented on my
new nifty gadget -- I thought my friends would have noticed it...  Maybe
they're all annoyed at the noise...;)
As for needing lots of memory, I just wanted the ability to write and take
notes, in meetings and classes, in the car, etc.  I don't know how big the
memory is in the brl lite, but it seemed like if there was a limit I'd find
a way to exceed it...;)
so the flash memory port on the Millenium was appealing.
I understand I can buy an external floppy disk drive that will wowrk with
either machine, but that's just one extra piece of hardware to lug around.

Anyway, thanx for the tips.
Oh, and by the way, Steve -- what are the problems you've mentioned hearing
about the Millenium?
I heard there was a bug related to macros, and a problem with the
calculator, but I don't know the details, so I'd be interested in any
feedback.
Thanx again.
--le