[blazie-support] Re: Braille Lite questions

  • From: "David Chittenden" <davidc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 09:40:10 -0700

Hi,

> 1. How does one send and receive e-mail using Braille Lite 40? Which mail
> client does it support?

You need the braille lite melenium series to send email.

> 3. I usually store all my files in the Flash folder. At any point of time,
> how does one check the free space available in the Flash folder?

Press the letter f from in the file menu.  this shows free space in both the
ram and flash folders.

> 4. Although I have been working with Braille lite for nearly three months
> now, I have never put dots 7 and 8 to any use so far. When would one use
> these dots together and individually?

It depends on if you have eight dot mode turned on or off in the status
menu.  If turned on, you can use dot seven with a letter to type the
upercase letter.  Dot eight is tipically the control charicter.  If eight
dot mode is off, the dot 7 key is backspace and the dot eight key is enter.

> 5. What are the commands for deleting text from cursor position to the
> beginning of a file, and from cursor position to end of file?

To delete text from beginning of file to a specific point, place a mark
m-chord and press the top of file command l-chord and press d-chord m (for
mark) and e-chord.  to delete from current position to end of file, press
d-chord and then the letter z for all text from cursor to end of file folled
by e-chord.