[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating question

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:55:32 -0500

Wow, Jill. I didn't remember that about the excellent rating. I'd still change
it. Its generated by a program that looks at the book and checks words against
known words in its dictionary. That's hardly as valid as what a
human gets if they actually read the book and determine its not really
excellent. The clearest example of this would be if you found pages with text
which was totally garbled and out of place, but all or most of the
words were in tact. make you can of sense this?
<smile> See what I mean? The bookshare rater would rate my above sentence as
excellent, but its garbage, not excellent at all.  So, frankly, if I were
validating a book and didn't think it deserved an excellent rating,
I'd change it and never mind the instructions.
Mary