[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating question

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:33:15 -0400

Why not use find and replace to change any " 1 " to " I "? If you do not trust the feature to keep the numeral one where it is appropriate to do so just ask it to check with you each time It takes far less time to do that than to do a rescan. Just an oppinion of course.

E.

At 01:41 PM 6/15/2004, you wrote:

I am rescanning a "excellent" rated book where all or almost all the letters
I were turned into the number 1.

So, she said, "1 want to go with you, but 1 will settle for working by
myself."  very aggravating.

There are missing titles too, and garbled text.  Must have been a old
submission, or something, but my friend who had the print edition says that
the font looks like the I's should be  ones, but will fix it.

Shelley L. Rhodes and Judson, guiding golden juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc. Graduate Advisory Council www.guidedogs.com

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is
anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

-- Edgar Watson Howe