[bksvol-discuss] Re: to the power of three

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 10:44:40 -0600

I have had some problems as well, the only difference is that I am downloading the daisy version and trying to read it with k1000v9.5. I am reading Eight_Million_Ways_to_Die by Robert Block. I reported the problem using the new problem with book reporting mechanism, and got a reply stating that the bookshare person could download it and open it with the bookshare open tool. I tried that and it didn't work. It unpacked it fine, but wouldn't read the book--it just stated that an error had occurred--"so?"

However, I can open it with the bookshare tool, let it get an error reading the file, and read the .html version with internet explorer. So, until you said something, I thought it was just my quirky computer.

This should probably be discussed on the bookshare discussion group to get wider coverage, but thanks for vindicating my still quirky computer.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>