[bksvol-discuss] Re: submitter Adrienne Asch

  • From: Shane Christenson <drummershane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:05:15 -0500

but see, E, you'd get a lot more if you became a scanner, too. Two dollars and 50 cents, I think it is per scan. you would be a great asset to the scanning community, turning out one 'perfect' scan after another. maybe some scanner research on your part should be in order.

Shane
At 02:46 PM 5/20/2007, you wrote:
I validate. I make fifty cents correcting scans. I use k1000 ver 11. The rank spelling works well.

E.
At 03:38 PM 5/20/2007, you wrote:
Hello, E. I have a very curious question. i've been watching this message thread with much intensity. I'd love to know, since you seem to be such a fan of 'perfect' scans, what brand and model of scanner do you have. Everyone on this list should go out and buy this exact scanner, so that, like you, they can produce the 'perfect' scans that you do. Thank you.

Shane

At 01:04 AM 5/20/2007, you wrote:
I may have been harsh in my criticism of Dr. A.

The issue I notice with her scans has to do with spelling errors rather than page breaks.

I know she was a former Kurzweil user as she used to submit in kes format. I am sorry she or her assistant will not be able to use some of the fine tools in later versions of k1000 such as optimize. I do hope her experience with other scannign prackages leads to excellent submits in future.

Finally, I notice that her submits are no longer on step 1 so somebody is sorting through them, a good thing.

Her contributions are unusual reading. High quality scans of such books are a valuable contribution to bookshare's collection.

E.

http://www.eset.com

http://www.eset.com