[bksvol-discuss] submitted 37 books today

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:01:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi gang,

I submitted the last 10 of the BSO sci-fi books, so that group is done.  Yay!
I also submitted 9 normal books, and 18 of the classical music books.  We still
have the other half of the classical music books to go, and the new sci-fi
books. Claire will probably start on them next week.  Most of these books I
submitted a few hours ago, and some have already disappeared off the download
list (like the Mercedes Lackey one), but here's the complete list anyway.

The 10 BSO sci-fi books are:
Image of the Beast by Philip Jose Farmer
Riverworld and Other Stories by Philip Jose Farmer
Return to Eden by Harry Harrison
Escape Velocity by Christopher Stasheff
Sea Horse in the Sky by Edmund Cooper
The Wounded Land by Stephen R. Donaldson
Lord Foul's Bane by Stephen R. Donaldson
Visible Light by C. J. Cherryh
Merovingen Nights: Angel with the Sword by C. J. Cherryh
Silverthorn by Raymond E. Feist

The 9 normal books are:
Terms of Endearment by Larry McMurtry
Your Lucky Jupiter and Astrology by David Pfaffle
Laxdaela Saga by Magnus Magnusson
Rituals of the Season by Margaret Maron
Jinx High by Mercedes Lackey
Jubilee Trail by Gwen Bristow
Celia Garth by Gwen Bristow
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Naughty Little Secret by Shelley Bradley (adult content)

The 18 music books are:
A Conversation on Music by Anton Rubenstein
The New Grove: Handel by Winton Dean
The New Grove: Haydn by Jens Peter Larsen
The Harvard Brief Dictionary of Music by Willi Apel and Ralph T. Daniel
The Music of Liszt by Humphrey Searle
The Concerto by Abraham Veinus
Your Child and the Piano by Margaret Grant
Beethoven or Bust by David Hurwitz
Men of Music by Wallace Brockway and Herbert Weinstock
Great Pianists Speak for Themselves by Elyse Mach
Great Contemporary Pianists Speak for Themselves (Volumes 1 and 2) by Elyse Mach
Tchaikovsky in America by Elkhonon Yoffe
In Quest of Music by Irving Kolodin
Horowitz by Glenn Plaskin
Dvorak in Love by Josef Skvorecky
Composers on Music by Sam Morgenstern
Facing the Music by Henri Temianka
Men, Women and Pianos by Arthur Loesser

Just to warn everyone, I am going to be in Chicago (mostly at the Hadley School
for the Blind showing them how to process books) from October 1st through
October 7th, so I won't be available to answer questions about the books.  If
you can wait until I get back, great. If not, Claire can probably look up the
answers in the books here in the office.

Carrie

photos & more.