[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot Please sign the Web Braille Petition

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 01:59:23 -0400

I tend to agree with you about this. I think that was the biggest problem a
lot of us had with the shutting down of Web braille...not so much that it
was shut down in and of itself but the way they went about it, and I think
the wording on their notice left a lot to be desired, too, making it sound
like it would be shut down in the near future but not that it already had
been. At least with me, I can understand if they're planning to bring it
back and definitely hope they do, but I think people would have been at
least a little less angry if they would have explained it a little more, at
the very least, if not giving us a little more warning or making the notice
a little more clear, saying the site was already gone instead of making it
sound like it would be but was still functional and you don't find out it's
already down until you try to download a book. Take care.
Julie Morales
Life is a gift from God. What we do with it is our gift to Him.