[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot Please sign the Web Braille Petition

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:40:32 -0400

If they say they want responses, perhaps then rather than now would be time to start head counting. To my knowledge, they are not checking out how many people will miss the existence of web braille. Mr. C. has maintained that he is fixing a security issue. I personally choose to wait a bit and give him the benefit of believing he is telling the truth. Call me naive, or tactful (something I am rarely called) or patient (also something I am rarely called).

E.

At 05:57 AM 5/15/2006, you wrote:

Hi Sarah,

A petition is not a tantrum. And if Web Braille does not return in a few weeks, and NLS says that they didn't receive enough interested response, where are we then?

I have no problem if you disagree with those who signed the petition, but when you attach a pejorative label to their actions, it feels like a personal attack. Is there really a need for that?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah J. Blake" <sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 1:33 AM Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: ot Please sign the Web Braille Petition

I am not signing anything until I see more details from NLS regarding why
Web-Braille was shut down. For all I know, there could be very good reasons
related to computer security. All the things I've heard about .brf sharing
have so far been hearsay, and I don't make a habit of buying into hearsay no
matter who tells me. I won't be signing the petition, haven't written to
Judy or Kurt, and I'll see what transpires in a few weeks. Of course, in a
few weeks if Web-braille comes back as it naturally would have because NLS
was already working on it, the tantrum-throwers will believe their tantrums
worked; and they'll do it again next time something doesn't go their way.

Sarah J. Blake
Personal mail to:
sjblake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I Believe... Sarah's debut CD to be released soon... Hear samples at
http://www.growingstrong.org/music/songs.html