[bksvol-discuss] Re: bookbooks

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 01:13:31 -0800

Hi, Jamie, I certainly wouldn't object if the cookbook list was forwarded to
the whole group on this list. I think I sent the thing as an attachment. I
wouldn't mind proofreading a cookbook if it were just a matter of making it
look like what I've seen in Braille from NLS. I don't recall reading any
cookbooks in column format in Braille. Evelyn Lee's Cookbook and Evelyn
Lee's New Cookbook were the exceptions to the rule. She was a blind cook and
Braille Institute published her stuff in Braille. I have no idea if it ever
was in print. She had abbreviations peculiar to her, btr. as an abbreviation
for butter for instance. I have no idea what daisy cookbooks should look
like. If it were just me, and I had the cookbook on my BrailleNote, and I
could proofread the thing in Grade two Braille, which is how I'd read the
thing anyway, I'd take you up on this. Yeah, pluck my feathers and call me
matzo ball soup. (Bak-bak-bak). Regards, Kim.
  _____