[bksvol-discuss] Scanners and OCR software. Again. Still.

  • From: Shannon <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:20:47 -0500

Hi, all,

Last year, my voc rehab counselor bought me the latest version of Openbook. This is a really cool thing, but I haven't used it since the scanner I had at the time was invented roughly around the time of the dinosaur.

Anyway, I'm running errands today and I kind of want to price some scanners at the Evil Empire (aka WalMart). Can I buy any old scanner on the market and have it work with OCR software, or do I have to get only a specific kind?

Thanks so much!

Shannon C.