[bksvol-discuss] Re: Obtaining Books to Scan

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 22:02:11 -0700 (PDT)

Personally, I get my books from the library, both when I used to scan (and now,
that I've promised to do one hat no one else can get) and to proof. Scanning
really doesn't damage the books, even though one has to press down on the
spines to get good scans. And it doesn't damage paperbacks any more than
reading them, does. I just  finished reading a paperback from the library that
I had to hold together with rubber bands because it was beginning to fall
apart.When the books are extremely popular and not that well made, by  the time
I get it just opening the book and turning the pages to read causes more
damage. This has happened at least 3 times over the years. Once it was falling
apart when I checked it out.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: