[bksvol-discuss] Re: Nuking Fair submissions

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:49:15 -0800 (PST)

Lisa,

I'm not an authority, but I don't see why not. The
suggestion has been made that books that need a lot of
work should be rejected and then rescanned, and that
books that don't have page breaks should be rejected
and rescanned. Certainly it shouldn't be done for the
purpose of denying one person credits and gaining
credit as a submitter for one's self, but as things
stand now, if txt files can't be given hard breaks, to
me it seems easier to convert them to rtf and submit
them than to re-scan them. Hopefully, though, the
bookshare engineers will find a way to allow txt files
to be uploaded as rtf files and then it won't be a
problem -- for they'll find a way to convert submitted
txt files to rtf before putting them on the download
list.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com