[bksvol-discuss] Nuking Fair submissions

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:24:39 -0500

hey Guido, do you want to take the first wack.  I see there are a Ton of
books in the text format by a few submitters.  And I also see that these
books mostly marked fair are very unpopular as they have been submitted, but
nothing has been done to them since.

So... smile.  Shall you be the first to start resubmitting silloute Romances
and Christian Romances, and Just "romance".

I am just not a romance person so rescanning or at least the thought of
rescanning these things does not appeal to me at all.

But...  smile.

Each is to their own.

I will have to admit that your "perfectionism" is rubbing off on me.

I shall have to try your solution of scanning and then later recognizing on
the two dictionaries I have to do.

But really, are you ready to rescan those romances, as they are the ones
that are sitting there.

There is also a "fair" book which I suspect wouldn't be.  It is put up by
our Kenneth Cross, and I tried to approve it, but the site didn't like the
file and all attempts at trying to fix it failed.

Amnesia has page breaks, and rank spelling gave it a 99.87 percent accuracy
with a few minor corrections.

Smile.

So some of those fairs are not really fair.

Smile.

Now if I could perfect your 'editing" without reading techniques poor
Bookshare might not know what to do with the storm of files I would be
sending its way.  As it stands I read them, and then submit them.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com