[bksvol-discuss] Nonfiction submission

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:30:11 -0400

Hi all,

I've just submitted for proofing "Beyond Civilization: Humanity's Next Great
Adventure" by Daniel Quinn.

The book has been read through and errors corrected. All headers stripped;
chapter titles and page numbers present and protected; text formatted. 202
pages.

Deborah

InBeyond Civilization, Daniel Quinn thinks the unthinkable.  We all know
there's no one right way to build a bicycle, no one right way to design an
automobile, no one right way to make a pair of shoes, but we're convinced
that there must be only one right way to live -- and the one we have is it,
no matter what.   Beyond Civilization makes practical sense of the vision of
Daniel Quinn's best-selling novelIshmael.  Examining ancient civilizations
such as the Maya and the Olmec, as well as modern-day microcosms of
alternative living like circus societies, Quinn guides us on a quest for a
new model for society, one that is forward-thinking and encourages diversity
instead of suppressing it. Beyond Civilization is not about a "New World
Order" but a "New Personal World Order" that would allow people to assert
control over their own destiny and grant them the freedom to create their
own way of life right now -- not in some distant utopian future.