[bksvol-discuss] Re: My favorite Bulwer-Lytton sentence

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:13:15 -0500

Cindy, I would love to have the list of puns if you find it.

Thanks,

Sue S.

        From: Kim Friedman <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Sunday, July 5, 2009, 6:08 PM

        Hi, Bob and everyone else who delights in the slightly absurd, I've
heard songs which manipulate words in an interesting way. I really don't
know how to describe this. Say you have a song using foods, fish, or animals
to say something. Here's an example of what I mean: "Gorilla of my dreams,
you're a cheetah it seems, Oh, why are you lion to me?" or "I'm not
floundering around and I thank cod I never smelt anything awful. I was
herring all manner of chough, so I left for the halibut."  I admire this
kind of thing. Do we call this extensive punning? Regards, Kim.