[bksvol-discuss] Re: My favorite Bulwer-Lytton sentence

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 23:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

very good, Kim!

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

--- On Sun, 7/5/09, Kim Friedman <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Kim Friedman <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: My favorite Bulwer-Lytton sentence
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, July 5, 2009, 10:01 PM

I hate to say this to you, but I will. This message was
punishing to listen to. Regards, Kim aka Ellinder.

From: Kim Friedman <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: My favorite Bulwer-Lytton sentence
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, July 5, 2009, 6:08 PM

Hi,
Bob and everyone else who delights in the slightly absurd, I've heard songs
which manipulate words in an interesting way. I really don't know how
describe this. Say you have a song using foods, fish, or animals to say
something. Here's an example of what I mean: "Gorilla of my dreams, you're a
cheetah
it seems, Oh, why are you lion to me?" or "I'm not floundering around
and I thank cod I never smelt anything awful. I was herring all manner of
chough,
so I left for the halibut."  I admire this kind of thing. Do we
call this extensive punning? Regards,
Kim.

From:
bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx