[bksvol-discuss] Re: My favorite Bulwer-Lytton sentence

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 17:42:32 -0700

Hi, Roger, what a nice thing for you to say! My problem is I just can't
think up plots. I have written re-workings of ballads, but that's about it.
I get The Writer and read articles by fiction writers and some of them seem
to use dreams in writing their works, while others sit down and make
outlines. I suppose the question is, if I were to write fiction, what sort
would I write? I love genre literature, but could I write a credible
romance? Could I make up a fantasy world and what would my characters do
there? What I have done is to write extemporaneously in the voice of a
character and let him/her talk, rather like a monologue. What can be done
with that? I don't have a clue. Regards, Kim aka Ellinder.

  _____