[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 23:17:29 -0400

Anyone in the mood for validating a mystery? If so, I just submitted Roll Over And Play Dead, by Joan Hess. I've read the book, stripped headers, and ran rank spelling to catch the scannos I might have missed. Here's what the book is about.

MURDER IS GOING TO THE DOGS...
Bookstore owner and amateur sleuth Claire Malloy has donned another hat (or is that a collar?) as a petsitter extraordinaire. Her furry charges are Miss Emily Parchester's beloved basset hounds, Nick and Nora, and two very good dogs they are. Everything is just ducky...until Nick and Nora vanish. Other neighbors' pets have also disappeared, and no doubt a dognapper is on the prowl... Switching to her sleuthing chapeau, Claire quickly locates the shabby abode of Newton Churls, who runs a black market in stolen animals. But instead of a pen filled with purloined pooches, Claire finds one very dead Newton---and it appears his own pit bull terriers did him in. Or did they? Claire smells a human rat behind the brutal murder. And mysteriously, Nick and Nora are still missing. Now Claire is doggedly determined to find them...and run a killer
to the ground.

--
Monica Willyard
Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/plumlipstick