[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:50:55 -0400

Hi.  I just submitted the following for validation.

Happiness Is A Choice: Symptoms, Causes, and Cures of Depression
by Frank Minirth M.D., Paul Meier M.D.

The scan is a nice one with page breaks intact. The book does have headers, and they are of a regular pattern that the stripper should remove easily. I scanned this book long before I heard of Bookshare, so I didn't bother with exact view settings back then. Here's what the book is about from Amazon, just so you can see what it's like.

Happiness Is a Choice has helped hundreds of thousands of people understand and overcome depression. Drawing from their professional training, counseling
experience, and biblical knowledge, the authors provide expert answers to questions such as: What causes depression? Is there a cure for depression? Why do Christians suffer from depression? and more. Minirth and Meier explore the complex relationship between spiritual life and psychological health and
then spell out basic steps for recovering from depression and maintaining a happy, fulfilling life. The updated 2nd edition is now available in mass market
size for families, pastors, counselors, and anyone struggling to overcome depression.

From the Back Cover
Whether depression is felt mildly or acutely, temporarily or persistently, it strikes just about everyone.

Drs. Minirth and Meier believe, however, that the emotional pain of depression can be overcome and avoided. Drawing from their professional training, counseling experience, and biblical knowledge, they provide expert answers to questions such as:

What are the symptoms of depression?
What are the primary sources of emotional pain?
Which personality dynamics lead to depression?
How should you deal with anger and anxiety?
What medical treatments are available for depression?

Happiness Is a Choice explores the complex relationship between spiritual life and psychological health and then spells out basic steps for recovering from
depression and maintaining a happy, fulfilling life.

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com