[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:09:56 -0500 (EST)

Dakota Born
Debbie Macomber

First in a Trilogy

Welcome to Buffalo Valley, where hope lives and love is strong

"Buffalo Valley is the place of my heart. My parents came from towns a lot like
this in the Dakotas, so Buffalo Valley has special meaning for me. I hope that
in reading Dakota Born you'll share my love for the prairie and for its proud,
hardworking people."

Buffalo Valley, North Dakota. Like so many small towns, it's dying. Stores are
boarded up, sidewalks cracked, houses wanting a coat of paint. But despite it
all, there's a spirit of hope here, of defiance. The few people still left in
Buffalo Valley are fighting for their town.

Lindsay Snyder is a newcomer. She's an outsider, even though she spent
childhood vacations here. Now she returns to see the family house again, to
explore family secrets and to reevaluate her life.

To her own amazement she decides to stay. Her decision marks a new beginning
for Buffalo Valley?and for Lindsay Snyder, who discovers in this broken little
town the love and purpose she's been seeking.

The book scanned well, was read while being scanned, and later
spellchecked and edited.  It should prove to be a straightforward
validation.

          Mike