[bksvol-discuss] Help, my computer took a turn for the worse

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 13:51:02 -0400

Dear Booksharian Friends,

Last night, inspired by Jakes announcement that we have 39,000 books, I
couldn't make myself stop validating one of my current projects, Agatha Raisin
and the Day The Floods Came At four A. M. when I finally shut down, I realized
the computer screen had gotten darker. The picture of the grassy hill under a
blue sky with white clouds looked to my eyes like a blue sky with white clouds
over black volcanic sand in Hawaii, where I've never been.

Then I couldn't get to sleep. I restarted the computer and it did everything in
very slow motion. I shut down and tried again and though it was slow, I got to
Agatha Raisin and stubbornly validated about four pages. When I went to the
options menu, I had to wait forever to be able to arrow to the paragraph
choice. Then there were long periods between each move of the tab. Finally I
got some message about JAWS having trouble working with microsoft word. I shut
down again, but was back at the computer at eight this morning. The screen is
still darker, like twilight, but JAWS and commands were back up to speed.

Then I opened Agatha Raisin and these dark half lollipop shapes were at the
ends of lines. Jaws is also saying extra things like hard return.

I've been puttering in the word menus for over an hour and can't find a way to
get rid of all of these extra designs in my file.

My virus protection is Norton and it says my computer is clear of viruses and
stuff.

I'd really appreciate help with this.

Oh, and if you tell me to check or uncheck stuff, would you please tell me
where to find it as in which choice in which menu?.

I'm using Word 2003.

Thanks.

Always with love,

Lissi