[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help, my computer took a turn for the worse

  • From: "Mary Anne Lynskey" <yeksnyl1953am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 14:26:59 -0400

Lissi, when I get a bunch of junk like that I'd consider saving the file as
TXT.  First though, you want to replace your page breaks with something like
qqq so that when you reconvert again, you can have the qqq where the page
breaks used to be.  then, save as txt.  Then, close the file. Go to Windows
Explorer, find your txt document and right click.  use the open with and
choose word as the program to open the file.  Now that you are in word
again, replace the qqq with the page break.  I usually replace with
^p^p^m^p^p which will put a few blank lines before and after the page
breaks.  Don't forget to back up your original file before doing any of this
so that you have it, just in case something goes wrong.

You should have your page breaks back now and can save as RTF.  I hope this
helps.

--
Mary Anne Lynskey