[bksvol-discuss] Re: Conspiracy against "The Broker"

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:28:48 -0500

E,

The bookshare submission system is being like its usual recent self,
capricious and unhelpful.  I successfully submitted Celtika (Book One of the
Merlin Codex).  Immediately following that, I tried to resubmit John
Grisham's "The Broker," the copy that I was supposed to work on in order to
normalize headers and improve quality if possible.  The system kept on
bringing me back to the submit page without even telling me that there was
an error.  I tried the usual, file names, cookies, temporary internet files,
nothing seems to work.  Oh well!  I try back tomorrow.  The only way to
explain Bookshare's behavior is that the system seems to be gaining some
type of personality.  Maybe a computer system with so much to read can do
that.

I'm not certain whether Liz from Seattle is on this list any more.  Or, if
she is, she's gotten really quiet.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Interim Director