[bksvol-discuss] Re: British punctuation

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 17:11:52 -0400

Three things come to mind which may help some, but may not completely solve the problem:

First, what if you do a search for a paragraph marker, followed by an apostrophe, followed by a space, and replace with a paragraph marker followed by just an apostrophe?

Secondly, since I am not aware of any circumstance where an apostrophe should have a space in front of it, what if you do a search for space followed by an apostrophe, and replace with just an apostrophe?

For the case of an apostrophe followed by a space, you might be able to create a dummy marker for all those instances of s followed by an apostrophe followed by a space, then do a search for an apostrophe followed by a space, and replace with just an apostrophe.

If I understand what you are saying here, it sounds as though those three things will solve the issue, although there may be other instances of the problem that these won't cover. Whatever the case, this should reduce the problem considerably. Always save your work before doing anything chancey.

HTH

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>