[bksvol-discuss] Re: British punctuation

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 13:12:53 -0700

Hi Sarah,

I can think of a couple of possible fixes.  You can search for a new line
followed by an apostrophe followed by a space, and replace it with a new
line followed by an apostrophe.  That would get rid of those apostrophes at
the beginning of lines followed by spaces.

As for apostrophes followed and preceded by spaces, you'd probably have to
do a find, not a find and replace, and look at each one to see where the
space should go, either before, or after the apostrophe.  Not good if you're
trying to avoid repetitive tasks, I admit.

In case you don't know, though it sounds as though you do, the character
string denoting a new line, or paragraph mark in k1000 is \n, that is
backslash followed immediately by the lower case letter n.

I hope maybe some of this will help.  Oh, yes, one more idea!  You could do
a find and replace for space followed by apostrophe, followed by a paragraph
mark.  And replace it with apostrophe followed by a paragraph mark.  That'd
get rid of apostrophes preceded by spaces at the end of lines.

Good luck! Hope some of this helps!

Mayrie