[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braillenote died

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 00:31:41 -0500

Note that the obstacles were not caused so much by my blind blind as by folks being apalling. I could have gotten through better and hired readers just fine if not directly blocked by folks.

E.
At 12:17 AM 12/4/2006, you wrote:
Boy, that was tough. You see, Natalie, overcoming
obstacles like Elizabeth faced is why sighted people
admire people like all of you so. And those of you who
had the problems in high school that have been
mentioned here, as well as in college--let alone with
people in society like you all have mentioned, in this
recent conversation and when we were talking about bus
drivers and taxi drivers a little while ago. You all
may accept what you do in life as natural and nothing
special, but for us who aren't in your position, and
maybe wonder if we could do as well, it's inspiring
and admirable in the sense of evoking admiration. It's
like the man who saved people from a fire recently. He
doesn't consider himself a hero--just did what he
figures anyone would do--it was a natural
reaction--but to others, he was a hero.

Cindy

rote: