[bksvol-discuss] Re: How I read

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 00:30:26 -0500

I personally do not like impaired as it assumes the rest of you are fine and i am in some way flawed. dis-abled to means I am able but somehow less so given constraints. I think being blind would be easier, for example, in a society not constrained by lack of public transportation, where technology can be effectively used to get material to me in forms I can read and so forth. Dis-abled is the best I have come up with so far to explain my feeling.

By the way, I do let folks pet my dog if they can just use their voice and ask first. What is wrong with at least asking before you just grab?

E.