[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another Word Quirk

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:28:10 -0400

In Windows 98 you had a tool in the Accessories menu called "Clear
Clipboard" which would get rid of this most annoying of problems.  The clip
board has a "close" icon on it in the upper right corner, so perhaps using
the virtual mouse and going up and clicking that X might make it go away.  I
don't see the "clear clipboard" feature in XP home, or else I am not looking
in the right places.

But indeed.  The reason it causes problems with the screen reader is it is a
box, that says Clipboard at the top, and then lists all the things you have
put on the clipboard.  It is apparently meant to make it easier for those
"rodent dependent" to click on the choice they want to be pasted or what
have you.  It appears in the middle of the screen.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com