[bksvol-discuss] Re: A bit of a complaint

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:19:43 -0400

Dear Amber and Booksharian Friends,

I appreciate it that you make your raw scans available identified as such. I've validated some of them which were excellent and allowed me to read a book I might still be waiting for if I'd asked for it on the wish list. Some of your raw scans are in the collection now and with our combined efforts, they are as advertised, excellent.

Raw scans aren't for new validators, and it could happen that some might need to be rejected, but they can be opportunities to fit just the right book with just the right validator and everyone wins when the book is approved.

As long as we know our terms, and approach raw scans by informed choice, and admit when we can't work with a particularly scrambled one, they can widen our selection, prevent a scanner's hard work from being wasted and speed up our access to a book we want or need in a hurry. They can be one more means of achieving the common end of helping Bookshare's collection to grow.

Always with love,

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>