[bksvol-discuss] Re: A bit of a complaint

  • From: "Cindy Ray" <cindyray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:58:58 -0500

Well, I only pointed it out because you suggested people could scan it
and put it on Bookshare. But I joined for $75 the first year and have
paid $50 ever since and haven't been able to use the service very
much. I haven't had time to read for pleasure. Don't get me wrong. I
think it is a wonderful service, and probably I could have uploaded
stuff that would have been better then some of what I've downloaded to
read without oing the work I think needs done, but I was afraid
because from some of the commentary I received when I was first going
to voluntary, I thought there was a really high standard that I
couldn't achieve. And while I am sure willing to work on validating,
partly because of what I've downloaded myself, I was surprised to see
that what I took wasn't better than it was. The fee is way reasonable
so I'm not complaining, but when one joins and one pays for four years
each year and gets only one or two books for textbooks, that's a kind
of high price to pay when you are also purchasing books and scanning.
Eventually I will upload some of the things I've scanned, but I will
have to sort through it and see that it is good enough, for some of it
didn't end up being full books. Or maybe I'm just babbling. LOL.

Cindy Lou--Think Pink