[birdky] Calloway County CBC

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:38:32 EST

Not all tallies are in but it looks as though we had a good count for the
conditions with 80 species reported.  It was a cool, windy day with ice in  the
bays.  Big misses were the Barn Owl along with other species  of owls.  Only
Great Horned were reported. Farm fields were quiet with  few blackbirds and no
cowbirds reported.  The highlights so far are:
Sandhill Cranes - 9 - a first for the count
Bald Eagle - 5 Adult with 2 on the nest
11 species of ducks
Common Loon - 1
Least Sandpiper - 6
Wilson's Snipe - 1
3 species of gull
Eastern Phoebe - 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch - 1
Brown Creeper - 2
Winter Wren - 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet - 9
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 3
Hermit Thrush - 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 10
Horned Lark - 64
Pine Siskin - 3

Thanks to all who participated.  We should have a final tally in a few  days.
As usual it was great to be out counting in our own back yard.
Hap
Murray, KY