[beleriand] Re: theme

  • From: "Kevin P Turner" <kturner@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <beleriand@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:13:26 -0500

Theme preference:

1) The Black Company novels, by Glen Cook
2) The Black Company novels, by Glen Cook
47) Arda, First Age
48) Something we make up.
49) Lord of the Rings

I wish I could convince you all of the merits of my first 46 choices.
However, I happen
to be confident that none of you have read the books. You should. They are
/excellent/
times 4 billion, and as much as I love Tolkien if I had to I'd drop him in a
mintue if I
only got to read one series of books from now until the end of time :p

The Black Company can be researched a bit on the web for a synopsis of their
plots, I suggest simply going to amazon.com (or equivalent) and reading the
summaries
for each of the Black Company novels. They are set in a time much like
Tolkien (Cook has
obvious Tolkien influences)  although the 'elves and dwarves' aspect doesn't
exist.

At the very least, because I don't expect much support in this, I hope you
will at
least get a copy of the first book and read...perhaps by the time this is
all over you'll go
"Holy shit, Kevin was right!" :p

ps: The 'Croaker' legend and the Black domain from T2T are from these books.

Draugluin/Kevin/Master of All.

pss: UMD RULES! MUAHAHA